Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanR16

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
My iPhone 13 Pro Max top speaker just broke, sounds really crackly now. Took it too the Apple Store and they said it needed a new one, they have no idea what happened to it. I baby the phone so I have no clue why it would brake.

My Apple Store offered me a 50% discount on a £150 repair but their website suggests I’m entitled to a free repair under this law. Is there any point in mentioning this or should I just pay the £75? Does anyone has experience with this?

Appreciate some advice 😊

i-Liam

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2016
It would only apply if the phone was bought from Apple directly. If it was, then I’d ask to speak with manager and remind him/her of consumer law. If it wasn’t bought from Apple, then you should go to which ever retailer you bought it from.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
If the phone is still under warranty, you should be entitled to a free repair.

If it’s out of warranty, take that 50% discount!

DanR16

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 19, 2012
Does UK Consumer Law cover phones purchased from Apple Online ?
Yes it applies to the retailer you by from so if you buy directly from apple, the law applies to them. Paid the £75 and got a brand new phone because the repair failed. Apple told me free repairs are available if you bring it within 2 years of purchase

Not bad 😊

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.