Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abcdefghijklmno

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
Anyone else noticed Jake Humphrey waving an iPad around during the first section of this morning's coverage?!

Will try and get a screenshot in a bit....

....EDIT - here we go...

iPadF1.png

Now that's a whole garage full of cool!

Rhalliwell1

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2008
If you listened to the coverage carefully, you'll also know that Lewis Hamilton imported one for Heikki Kovalaninen and charged him commission!!

Lordillingworth

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2007
Shropshire, UK
Last season Martin Brundle and co were saying that they used the F1 iPhone App as it was one of the best ways to see what was going on throughout the field that they had seen. I thought that was pretty incredible really when you think about it... a commentator using an official app running on what amounts to third party hardware being better than whatever they are provided with in the commentary box!

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
He's carrying it everywhere! he loves it! he won't let it go and I bet he slept with it!

Ok so did he get a freebie from Apple on the basis he gave it a minimum of TV time?

I'm not jealous...much.

One Love 1867

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2009
Sheffield, UK
He's carrying it everywhere! he loves it! he won't let it go and I bet he slept with it!

Ok so did he get a freebie from Apple on the basis he gave it a minimum of TV time?

I'm not jealous...much.

The BBC wouldn't allow it even if he did.

I think this is just a case that the iPad may genuinely be a better, easier and more functional way of accessing reams of stats and information, or making notes, than clipboards and bits of paper. If he's using the iPad that way, then fair play I guess!

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Everytime he looks at his watch he gives the viewers a flash of his pad.

Now he is taking viewers emails directly from it, looks like this will be a permanent fixture for F1. Look out for the Ferrari iPad skin!

Airlines are offering to rent them on flights with TV and Film packages together with wifi use.....nice.

SamNeeds

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2007
Yeah, he's had it since Monaco. And I guess he's using Wifi that's pumped out at all races for journalists and people like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.