Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
I ordered a Sim from Lyca with a view to getting it added to my 14PM as an eSim.

I’ve had QR codes that don’t work, promises of “escalation to relevant team”, you name it.

I’m wondering if it’s all to do with the recent (secretive) move over from O2 to EE as the network provider?

Either way, it’s a ********.

Reactions: Coconutx

Coconutx

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2022
What crap network ordered the £1.99 cheap deal to try out eSim QR code works scanned ok but stuck on activating for 2 hours decided to call customer support for a new QR code she said we cannot do that make a new order waited over 25 minutes on the phone at the end i said process the refund at one point she was shouting mobile number please told her only have order number and the sim card details sent to my email box.

fm2503

macrumors member
May 5, 2009
Cheshire
Weirdly O2 decided to cut me off yesterday after I’d upgraded to (another) 12M SIM only deal. After 3 hours of hell on the phone to them (from the work line) I gave in and terminated and got (eventually!) my PAC code. You’ve no idea how hard l, and frustrating, it is to talk to CS when they keep on wanting to send you text messages to a number they have ceased service on.

Lyca seemed to be the _ONLY_ option to get an eSIM instantly online - what is this, the dark ages. It came through and activated instantly (with EE as the carrier). Hopefully the port will complete tomorrow morning and I can get back to giving O2 hell once they can validate who I am.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.