Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What model are you getting?

• Total voters

Patchwork

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
Near Preston, UK
Worth mentioning the the UK iPhone 15s retain the nano SIM slot and also support dual eSIM.

if you fancy a laugh, check out the prices of the woven cases and straps that replaced their leather versions Along with how much they want for a USB c lead.

crypthick

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2023
Those that have used the upgrade programme recently, are reservations done on Friday and that’s when the credit check is done? Or is it all done in store on the 22nd

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
You can't it won't let you, max is £500 and that is once a day and you can only place max of 3 orders a day. The other 2 max is £150.
I managed to do £1000 in one go but now it says I can only do an extra £150. I am hoping it resets tomorrow as looking to buy 2 phones

pheonix320

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2021
I’m really not sure which colour I want, I don’t really like any of them. Even the black is an odd shade of black. Was hoping that I’d like the natural titanium more.
Also not sure if I want to spend the extra getting the Pro max for the 5x lens and battery

Wig321

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2018
It says 7 days on their website however, I locked in my price on the 28th August and shortly after got a txt to say that the would aim to get the pack sent out asap but as they were busy they were extending the 7 days to 14. Also you don't have to wait for the pack they send out as the email contains a prepaid label you can print if you want to use your own packaging. Hope that helps.
I used their 24 hour prepaid royal mail option, dropped the package off 8am yesterday, item received text message from twig card 9.30am today, text at 2.15pm to say £781 is ready for payment, and scheduled for today's payment run.

That's for a 14 pro 256gb. As long as the payment turns up I'll be using them again next year.

sahajesh

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2004
Sheffield
What’s the received wisdom for the transfer process when you get a new phone and a new watch?

Transfer the phone across and then add the new watch or add the watch to the old phone and it all comes across as new?

cdrider

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2012
What’s the received wisdom for the transfer process when you get a new phone and a new watch?

Transfer the phone across and then add the new watch or add the watch to the old phone and it all comes across as new?
Unpair old Watch from old phone so the watch does an auto backup to the phone. Force a backup of the phone to iCloud or a computer. Setup new phone as a restore. Setup new watch as a restore.

Reactions: sahajesh

Tonyfantastico

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
Music Magpie - Absolute Crooks

Just to say thanks to the posters that offered suggestions and support for the horrible experience I have had with Music Magpie. Based on the pictures MM used to back up their claim of extensive screen damage I would swear it’s a totally different screen to my pristine one, however the rational side of me must assume someone in the warehouse dropped the phone, causing the damage, and then just pushed it up the pipeline for assessment.

Whilst I am still very upset that they have been so disingenuous I am also trying to put some perspective on it in terms of the bigger picture. All the same, I have emailed their CEO directly making my case but don’t hold out much hope, however, you have to try something otherwise you just feel so powerless.

An interesting development - I do have a couple of friends who are journalists for different national newspapers who see a potential story angle for their consumer / personal finance sections. Basically, beware of these trade-in companies as you have little consumer protection if they claim the item is damaged on receipt. They are running it past the relevant section editors and they may be in touch to hear my story but we’ll wait and see.
Hey Spcdust - sorry to hear about your awful MM experience. The exact same thing just happened to me and I wondered if you’d had any resolution with your case over the year?

sent in an absolutely pristine 13 Pro for £560 and have been offered £147 on account of the ‘Heavy cosmetic wear’. I reached out today and after hours finally got through to chat, where I was shown a photo rather blurry 13 Pro with a damaged screen (hard to tell if cracked or scratched due to the photo quality). What evidence do I have that that’s even my phone?

Anyway I’m about to start the long process of complaining and escalating and blah blah blah I suspect it will just cause me a lot of stress for no resolution. So yeah, really just keen to find out if your situation improved?

Thanks for listening 😊

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.