Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
I managed to reserve a slot for a blue iPhone 12 pro on Sunday but that is very strange as far as I can tell.

Apples reservation system only showed same day stock before - and now it’s showing me stock for Sunday?

Is that right?

Is there a phone reserved for me today I could go collect or do I have to wait until Sunday?

Does anyone know?

Bswartz95

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
Cleveland , OH
Maybe has to do with the reservation window availability and not the phone availability? I know the Apple store near me has a reduced number of in store pickups because of distancing guidelines. The windows filled up quickly. Just a thought.

In my experience, you cannot pickup early (even 15 minutes). You have to check in during your scheduled time.

Brenster

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Maybe has to do with the reservation window availability and not the phone availability? I know the Apple store near me has a reduced number of in store pickups because of distancing guidelines. The windows filled up quickly. Just a thought.

In my experience, you cannot pickup early (even 15 minutes). You have to check in during your scheduled time.

This. The Manchester Trafford Centre store this morning had 6 or so people per 15 min window at 8am. There’s probably capacity to deal with more customers simultaneously later on in the day, assuming 1 customer/staff member per bench in store.

They are VERY keen to avoid queues and people accumulating outside the store, so turning up so much as more than 15 mins in advance of your reservation appointment will likely result in them asking you to leave and return at your appointment time/day.

The store was running like clockwork this morning; distanced, sanitised and safe. I can understand them wanting to guarantee staff and customer safety as much as possible. At the very least, I’d call ahead and see if they have spare capacity on the schedule and stock in store to accommodate you before going.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.