Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VesselA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2015
can't believe it

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 09.21.27.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 09.21.27.png
    135.8 KB · Views: 266

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
wow I never checked the site yesterday and didn't notice this thread - a day later and there's Still plenty apple pencils at john lewis - wow - and so many are waiting weeks for the apple site order

all gone now :(

Swiss-G

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2010
United Kingdom
if you actually read that thread you see the stock sold out soon after original post, then came back in - so useful to let people know that it was still available this morning - and as a new update its sold out again in john lewis for now.

If you had bothered to read that thread you would have seen that the last post confirmed that they were still in stock.

If you had bothered to read the main UK thread you would have seen that posters were providing exact stock levels for John Lewis.

Instead you decided to create a duplicate thread in the wrong forum (iPad accessories have their own sub-forum).

Is it really that difficult to use the search function and post updates in the appropriate thread???

VesselA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2015
If you had bothered to read that thread you would have seen that the last post confirmed that they were still in stock.

If you had bothered to read the main UK thread you would have seen that posters were providing exact stock levels for John Lewis.

Instead you decided to create a duplicate thread in the wrong forum (iPad accessories have their own sub-forum).

Is it really that difficult to use the search function and post updates in the appropriate thread???

they were in stock as of the previous day according to that thread, which is no indication of the levels that morning.

If you bother to check the main iPad section you'll see many threads relating to the pencil and keyboard. The pencil is more than just an accessory, its really the main selling point and purpose of the iPad pro.

Most people are going to check the iPad forum for news on the iPad pro and its pencil, so letting them know it was available in John Lewis is of great use.

1. I've searched threads before and wasted time not finding the relevant thing
2. I didn't need to search or find anything out, I was letting people know they were available, as another person did, most people will be checking the iPad forum and not the accessory forum.
3. I would argue this is an appropriate thread for the pencil, as I said because it is an integral part of the iPad pro's functionality and selling point.

4. instead of whining and trolling like a self appointed forum monitor put your time into something productive.

Swiss-G

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2010
United Kingdom
If you bother to check the main iPad section you'll see many threads relating to the pencil and keyboard.

Snip........

And now they've all been moved to the correct sub-forum.

Next time you have the bright idea of creating a new thread spare a thought for the mods especially during the holiday season.

VesselA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2015
And now they've all been moved to the correct sub-forum.

Next time you have the bright idea of creating a new thread spare a thought for the mods especially during the holiday season.

There is no need to be sarcastic and rude, its still weeks till Christmas so I'm sure the mods are not as malcontent about doing their job as you are.

The pencil threads should be in the ipad section as the ipad pro was designed for it, it is part of the intended package (should be included) and this is its main unique purpose, as a digital stylus tablet, and most people don't notice or bother with the accessories section.

Last edited:
Reactions: whi5tler
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.