Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
Just ordered my 16/40, 48GB ram M3 Max 16" MBP custom built.

Anyone else brought an M3 MBP?

Feel free to post your specs, order status and we can try tracking the flights again :)

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 13.20.38.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JD2015 and ascender

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I went for an M3 Pro with 36GB RAM (very strange typing that) and 1TB SSD.

Not my main machine, but need RAM for virtual machines and don't need the extra grunt of the Max.

Tiago L

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2017
London
I ordered a Silver 16” M3 Pro and it will be delivered on the 7th (I don’t really need any of the Max power)
However I am on the fence about the colour and I am still deciding if I shouldn’t go for the Space Black instead as I tend to use it in low light environments. My partner has a Space Grey and I am not a fan of the colour, but the Space Black looks so much nicer.
I wish Apple wouldn’t produce them in several colours so the decision were easier LOL (just kidding…)

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpeg
    IMG_0052.jpeg
    291.5 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: David1986H

loui100

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2019
I ordered the moment they went online but got the annoying 7-14 November bracket so far in UK, anyone else in a similar situation? Going away for a while on 7th so hoping I can get it on release day :D

• Love
Reactions: Tiago L

antipodean

macrumors regular
May 2, 2014
I went with the 16" M3 Max (16/40) 48GB/1TB in Space Black from Amazon UK. Says it will deliver on 8 November, which if correct means they must have an early shipment from Apple (date is earlier than if you order from Apple direct). As this is a stock config, albeit high tier, I expect there will be some availabilty of this model at Apple Stores, John Lewis and the like from next week.

Tiago L

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2017
London
I ordered a Silver 16” M3 Pro and it will be delivered on the 7th (I don’t really need any of the Max power)
However I am on the fence about the colour and I am still deciding if I shouldn’t go for the Space Black instead as I tend to use it in low light environments. My partner has a Space Grey and I am not a fan of the colour, but the Space Black looks so much nicer.
I wish Apple wouldn’t produce them in several colours so the decision were easier LOL (just kidding…)
I’ve decided to cancel my Silver order and change it for the Space Black. Online delivery was already late November (I will be on holidays out of the UK) so I will be going to Regent Street to pick it up. I guess I will attend one of the sessions they have on the store and then go and have dinner downtown afterwards - perfect evening plan!

By the way, do you guys know if there is any thread about the Apple Store sessions as it would be cool to be able to share experiences there? I’ve attended some very cool sessions in the past but have not seen anything exciting lately!

Reactions: ascender

Tiago L

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2017
London
I saw a video where the space black still shows finger prints even with the coating.

My M2 Max is in silver and I'm sticking with silver for the m3 max. It's just a safer bet if ever it did get scratched or knocked.
I also saw it, but to be honest it is not my work machine therefore I will use it after work for leisure purposes, and will try to keep it clean with a cloth 🙂

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
Apple has just took the money out off my account even though I reckon its about a week maybe slightly under before they ship it.

Estimated delivery is the 16th-20th but in past experience they deliver a day or 2 before.

I reckon by next Friday it should at least be preparing to ship and be delivered 13th-15th.

Lets see how accurate I am lol

Last edited:

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I guess we'll start to see preparing for dispatch in the next 24 hours or so and hopefully some of the later dates will come in a bit.

playtech1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2014
Am very much looking forward to receiving the 14 inch M3 Max, with 40 Cores / 4TB / 64GB, which is due with me between 16 to 20 November.

Stuck with silver as I'm not convinced about the Space Black rejecting fingerprints. One of the techtubers noted that the special anodised layer is only on the top and not the palm rest or keyboard deck.

Can't quite believe I spent so much money on the SSD upgrade, but I am looking to consolidate various Macs into this one so did not want space to become an issue.

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
I guess we'll start to see preparing for dispatch in the next 24 hours or so and hopefully some of the later dates will come in a bit.
im guessing mid week before we see any change in our order status, I don't want to say in the next 24h then be disappointed nothing happens lol.

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
Am very much looking forward to receiving the 14 inch M3 Max, with 40 Cores / 4TB / 64GB, which is due with me between 16 to 20 November.

Stuck with silver as I'm not convinced about the Space Black rejecting fingerprints. One of the techtubers noted that the special anodised layer is only on the top and not the palm rest or keyboard deck.

Can't quite believe I spent so much money on the SSD upgrade, but I am looking to consolidate various Macs into this one so did not want space to become an issue.
Yeah, kinda strange just to put the coating on the lid and not on the inside.

Im not taking any chances with space black either, any dust will show up more as well.

Our Macs should be on the same flight given we have the same estimated delivery dates, which will be updated once its preparing to be shipped.

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Hey gang. Jumping on board the thread after finally settling on my SKU at the weekend. 14” M3 Max (14/30) 36GB/1TB in Silver. Ordered from box.co.uk due to the 0% PayPal credit offer. No idea when it’ll arrive as all listings show the 7th which I know isn’t the case for the Max

Last edited:

playtech1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2014
So this morning I got a text from DHL saying the MacBook had shipped. Tracking shows was picked up in Shanghai and then processed about 20 minutes later, then departed from a DHL facility about 2 hours after that. Now on 'Customs clearance status updated'.

It feels like things are moving nicely and Apple is now showing delivery on Monday 13 November which is nicely ahead of the original 16 - 20 Nov estimated delivery window.

Although I'm wondering if it might beat that (or is the delivery date now fixed?) - depends on when it gets on a plane.

Floop

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
I ordered five minutes after the keynote ended - MacBook Pro, with M3 Pro, base model.

Mine has shipped, for delivery tomorrow.

Randomly, I do have an M2 Pro still in the box that was around £200 cheaper, so I may hold off opening my M3 Pro until some benchmarks are available. I'm still within the return window for the M2 Pro until Thursday!

I also wondered whether anyone out there might be interested in taking the M2 Pro off my hands for cost price, but don't want to go to eBay with their silly 10% fees...

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I got the mail over the weekend to say my M3 Pro has now shipped and will be here on the 10th. Of course, I'm away on the 10th, so might be the 13th before I get my hands on it now.

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
I ordered five minutes after the keynote ended - MacBook Pro, with M3 Pro, base model.

Mine has shipped, for delivery tomorrow.

Randomly, I do have an M2 Pro still in the box that was around £200 cheaper, so I may hold off opening my M3 Pro until some benchmarks are available. I'm still within the return window for the M2 Pro until Thursday!

I also wondered whether anyone out there might be interested in taking the M2 Pro off my hands for cost price, but don't want to go to eBay with their silly 10% fees...
I guess it comes down to how much that £200 is worth to you - i.e. can you happily afford to spend it in order to have the latest machine. If not, then based on the benchmarks we've seen, I'd just stick with the M2 Pro and pocket the savings.

Reactions: Floop

wills11

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2013
I ordered the 16" M3 Max 36GB from Best Buy (since I wanted to use their interest-free "Upgrade" program), and it says it's shipping by Wednesday 11/8. I have no idea if that means they'll be delivering on 11/8 or whether it'll be the 9th or even 10th.

Is there a day the Max models are meant to arrive?

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
I ordered the 16" M3 Max 36GB from Best Buy (since I wanted to use their interest-free "Upgrade" program), and it says it's shipping by Wednesday 11/8. I have no idea if that means they'll be delivering on 11/8 or whether it'll be the 9th or even 10th.

Is there a day the Max models are meant to arrive?
As this is a thread is for uk buyers and there's no Best Buy in the uk maybe not the best place to ask

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
14” SB M3 Max 16/40 64GB 2TB

Ordered 11/6 delivers 12/7-14.

Hopefully that gets bumped up to late November. I just wanted to make sure I sold my Intel MBP first, so I was a little late to the party.

Reactions: Onimusha370
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.