Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skiniftz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2004
At present I use Quicken 2000 on PC for my accounts, but I am in the process of switching everything at home over to Mac.

What I basically want is Quicken for the Mac, however Intuit for some strange reason don't make a Mac version for the UK.

What personal accounts packages do UK OSX users recommend?

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
They do Quicken for the mac, you'll just have to set it to £s in software.

Quicken 2004:
http://www.shop.intuit.com/commerce...rityCode=10725&prodId=prod0000000000005944404

You can download it. Otherwise, if you are not convinced they'll have £s then, Quicken also make QuickBooks, which we use (I'm in UK... and use Macs). It's slightly more expensive but it definitely works... and well too! (Made by same company so you shouldn't find it hard to get used to it)

Skiniftz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2004
SpaceMagic said:
They do Quicken for the mac, you'll just have to set it to £s in software.

And how does one do that? In the preferences it says "Country" and the choices are "US Version" and "Canadian Version".

Am I missing something?

Deadhead

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2004
Bedford, UK
Quicken for Mac in the UK

Did this issue get resolved?

I'm about to become a switcher when my new iMac arrives and the only thing I'll miss is Ms Money.

Does anyone have any other options for UK personal finance packages?

Skiniftz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2004
Deadhead said:
Did this issue get resolved?

I'm about to become a switcher when my new iMac arrives and the only thing I'll miss is Ms Money.

Does anyone have any other options for UK personal finance packages?

No it didn't. I would recommend contacting Intuit and asking them to make a UK version.

Why they can't simply make Quicken localised by a simple menu option is beyond me, however they are a crap company.

My present solution is to run Quicken on one of my PC's and access it via terminal services from one of the Macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.