Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stu.h

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
Hi
Recently upgraded my AW from aluminium versions I’ve always had to SS. Safe to say I’m never going back!
So it came with a Milanese loop, which is alright, but can get annoying at times. Was looking at something a bit better, maybe something similar to Apples link bracelet, and then started looking at 3rd party options.

I came across the Nomad stainless bracelet here and looking at vids and pics , it seems a pretty good one. Has anyone got one they can comment on, I can get one from Amazon for about £190.

Any alternatives I should be looking at or considering? I see some really nice looking ones on Amazon for less than a quarter of the price, but I’m sure they’re also going to be less than a quarter of the quality and finish as well.

Thanks 👍🏼

stu.h

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
Yeah not sure why the URL didn’t go straight to the product page, probably MR security to stop links to unscrupulous pages. But if you search for ‘steel band’ on that website, you’ll see the one I’m looking at.

Drecca

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2010
their bands are nice, but not anywhere close to Apple's steel links. I have both, and the Apple ones don't require any tools to add or remove links. In addition, the Nomad's come with a tool + 2 types of "prongs", depending on which link you're removing.

If you lose one of the prongs, or don't put the right one back in, the whole strap will go flying when you do a sudden movement, and your watch with it.

High quality bands, but hard to use.

Reactions: stu.h

stu.h

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
Found a shop selling an ‘open box’ Nomad silver, so have gone with that.

The links don’t look ‘too bad’ to remove, and once the strap has been adjusted, that should be it.

Wish me luck 😂

Reactions: PhoenixDown

stu.h

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 8, 2010
West Midlands, England.
IMG_1057.jpeg
Strap arrived (finally).
Really great build quality, links weren’t too bad to remove and surprised how much heavier this is compared to other straps I’ve had in the past. I had to remove 5 links to get a perfect fit.
So glad I paid the extra ££ and went with Nomad - Really pleased 😃

Attachments

• IMG_1056.jpeg
    IMG_1056.jpeg
    414.2 KB · Views: 42
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.