Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gw0gvq

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
Barry, South Wales, UK
Does anyone. know where I can purchase a UK standard HomeKit smart Lampas all the ones I've seen are either the US or some other standard make other than the UK. I'm looking for one that has a standard UK 3 pin plug on it.

D3ggy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2019
Get the lamp you like and a Smartlife comparable plug off Amazon. No need fir apple home kit. I have my lamps working off the dedicated app google home and Siri Shortcuts.

Also have wired smart life switches and a garage door opener which operates the automatic gates all by Siri control Which is fantastic because you can open the gates using Apple CarPlay and the steering wheel to invoke the command

Link to sockets TECKIN Smart Plug 13A WiFi Socket... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07STZ1V3J?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
I wondered about that but would I need a Smart Plug as well? and thanks
if you have a smart bulb, you absolutely should not have it plugged into a smart plug

smart bulbs need power all the time, and they take care of turning themselves on and off.
if you put it into a smart plug, the plug would kill power to the bulb, meaning the bulb has lost ability to control itself.

typically you don't even want to touch the little click switch built into the lamp, just leave it on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.