Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
England
Hello all

Having some problems with apps on my Ultra 2 even working such as Weather, AllMyBatteries, App Store, any of the Find My apps, News, Apple Store, Swarm (not sure why this is still on my watch) and Weather Graph.

Upon opening any of the above i get no info just the spinning circles, everything above works fine on my phone.
I'm always connected to my home or work wifi and mobile data on my watch is always on, very confused as to why this is happening, any ideas???

Last edited:

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Did you restart watch and phone?

Assuming you did I would:
* Disable BT on phone, verify that the watch is not connected.
* Reboot the watch.
* Check again that the watch is not connected to the phone once it's rebooted.

Then try the apps again. With no connection to the phone it will force it to use Wifi. See if that makes a difference.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
England
Did you restart watch and phone?

Assuming you did I would:
* Disable BT on phone, verify that the watch is not connected.
* Reboot the watch.
* Check again that the watch is not connected to the phone once it's rebooted.

Then try the apps again. With no connection to the phone it will force it to use Wifi. See if that makes a difference.

I rebooted the watch various times throughout the night whenever i woke up, didn't fix anything.

Turned off Bluetooth on phone, watch still said connected..no idea how.

Rebooted again, no change.

Not sure what else to do other then delete and reinstall everything that doesn't work.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
England
Update

Turned off phone, turned off wifi on watch, everything works over mobile data on watch...so it has to be a wifi problem then???

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
You need to turn off BT from the settings app, not from the pull down. Sounds like you're making progress though, so that's good.

Disconnect from Bluetooth accessories​

Open Control Center on your iPhone or iPod touch, or iPad and tap the Bluetooth button
the Bluetooth icon
. The icon dims and your device disconnects from any accessory it's connected to, except for Apple Watch, Instant Hotspot, Apple Pencil, and Continuity features, like Handoff.

-and-

Turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth​

If you want to completely disable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for all networks and devices, follow these steps:

• To turn off Wi-Fi, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and turn off Wi-Fi.
  • To turn off Bluetooth, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth.
For the best experience on your iOS or iPadOS device, try to keep Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.

Airplane Mode may also turn off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, unless you turned them on while in Airplane Mode. Learn more about how to use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth in Airplane Mode.

Reactions: Grayburn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.