Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goffredo

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
I split my time between USA and Switzerland, and I would like to buy an Apple Watch Ultra 2 with Cellular service, which will work in both regions.

I noticed that the Apple Watch Ultra 2 that is available both on the European and Americas markets is the same model: Model A2986.

However, the LTE Bands that this single Model A2986 supports, as per Apple's "Apple Watch GPS + Cellular" FAQ (link), mysteriously differs between these two regions. Please see the attached screen shot (accessed 4 April 2024).

Is it really the case that the same Model A2986 actually supports different radio bands, depending on from which region the watch is purchased? If so, is there a 'best choice' between the European vs Americas Model A2986 to purchase, in order to maximize cellular coverage?

PS: Yes, I am aware that Australia, et al. are not in Europe. I am generalizing here to try and keep things simple.
Bands.png

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Why not find out which bands your US and Swiss providers use and look for overlap?

Reactions: dabotsonline
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.