Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stumchale

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2021
I currently have two curved monitors - one dedicated to my PC and one to my Mac Mini. Both have their own peripherals. I also have my work MacBook that I want to get up on a big screen with mouse and keyboard (but want to use those from the other set ups...)

I have been looking at philips 499p9h1/75 49" super wide screen, but have read that Mac resolution wont cope with that. I liked the look of the Philips because it had the KVM switch built in.

What the hell do I do? I need to streamline my desktop. Do I scrap the monitors and start from scratch? Monitors are mint, but are limited to hdmi inputs only...

Im thinking my best option is to get a wide screen just for my macs, and leave PC on its own. So, has anyone used the Philips ultrawide screen with built in KVM for their macs?

What are others doing when they want to jump between Mac Mini and Macbook Pro?

Help much appreciated

oharag

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2015
I just posted same question. Apparently TB KVM switches are rare - if non-existent. I'm looking for a solution as well!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.