Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whizkid11

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2015
Tim Cook is no Steve Jobs.

Having said that, the best modern iphone is the 12 pro. Best compromise in form and function. Ever since Apple implimented the hideouslu large camera starting with the 13 Pro has been a step backwards. The 15 Pro is basically the same as the 14 Pro but lighter.

Reactions: Mity

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
Tim Cook is no Steve Jobs.

Having said that, the best modern iphone is the 12 pro. Best compromise in form and function. Ever since Apple implimented the hideouslu large camera starting with the 13 Pro has been a step backwards. The 15 Pro is basically the same as the 14 Pro but lighter.

Everyone is going to have a different favourite recent iPhone, but personally I think the 11 Pro was a better all rounder than the 12 Pro. Similar camera quality, first device to get a frosted glass back, lighter weight and much nicer to hold. And it had better battery life.

The 15 Pro has a much more flush camera than the 14 Pro because Apple made the body slightly thicker so it doesn’t stick out as much even though it’s not actually any smaller. But the camera lenses had to get bigger to accommodate the larger sensors so there is reason behind the increase in size.

Mity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2014
lol I’ve not posted my opinion, I have posted facts. Seems you just don’t like things that don’t match your narrative.

You're delusional:
The average consumer does however care about weight, and the Pro models were too heavy. 20grams may not seem much, but it is if something is being used a lot, plus the blunt edges were uncomfortable as well. It now basically weighs the same as the 11 Pro, which was the last time a Pro phone was actually comfortable and felt nice in hand.

Literally everything you've written has been your opinion.

Reactions: Bethanie21

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
The weight difference is breathtakingly unimportant to me and I welcome any trajectory of tech towards weightlessness and invisibility.

Saying that, I mean not only is it implied that it’s an opinion when anyone talks about something like the feel of a phone, but the OP also spelled it out explicitly in the title.

Reactions: Mity

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
The weight difference is breathtakingly unimportant to me and I welcome any trajectory of tech towards weightlessness and invisibility.

Saying that, I mean not only is it implied that it’s an opinion when anyone talks about something like the feel of a phone, but the OP also spelled it out explicitly in the title.

And that’s fair, but a forum is for talking, debating etc… OP is just out to shoot down anyone who doesn’t share their views. They’ve not agreed with anything in this whole thread lol.

Mity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2014
It is lighter with fewer sharp edges though.
Not was I referring to Sherlock but thanks. "Technically, technically, not everything." LOL

I agree that it is a lighter phone with beveled edges.

Last edited:

Mity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 1, 2014
And that’s fair, but a forum is for talking, debating etc… OP is just out to shoot down anyone who doesn’t share their views. They’ve not agreed with anything in this whole thread lol.
Actually you're only the second person to attack my post as if it was personally directed at you. Most people have been more than reasonable with their opinions, even if it differs from mine. I haven't called anyone out, unlike you.

Not sure why you're taking this so personally. No one here is arguing over the fact that this is a lighter phone. We're just giving our opinions on aesthetics. Those opinions will always differ.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
We've seen how horrible the coating is on the Ti models and there is a very clear difference in perception of quality as a result compared to SS. To make my point more clear, why not make the phone out of polycarbonate? You're just going to put it in a case anyway, right?
They could make the exterior out of whatever, polycarbonate, aluminium preferred. Yes I put my iPhone in a case like most and it really wouldn’t matter to non enthusiasts.

Apparently, Apple doesn't agree with you because they decide to first use SS and now Ti.
Apple still uses aluminium for the 15 and 15 Plus. They just market the other materials to differentiate them and give the perception to some people that it means they are more premium. It’s been incredibly effective by all accounts.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Proof enough that Titanium is popular, and people like it. A few click bait articles and YouTube videos about how bad it is means nothing.
I’m sceptical that the reason they are selling out is because they have a titanium edge on them. A work colleague of mine has just got a 15 Pro and had no idea it was titanium when I spoke to him. He like many just get a new iPhone and this be surprised how many people don’t sit on forums and have a clue what the specs of their phones are.

I think a big reason they are selling out is also the inventory is reduced like every year at this time. We always hear how Apple is struggling to make enough. Still, I get the impression the 15’s are more popular than the 14’s, but they have got a £100 price drop in some countries.

Reactions: Surfsalot

CyberGene

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
I went to a store yesterday with the intent of upgrading my 13 Pro Max to a 15 Pro Max but I was really underwhelmed by how non-premium the titanium looks and feels in my hand compared to the stainless steel. I know there are many other upgrades compared to the 13 Pro Max such as always on display, dynamic island, etc. but my blue 13 Pro Max just feels more premium. Very weird experience. I guess I’ll wait for 16 Pro Max to see if they will improve the design and finish.

Reactions: Mity and koigirl

Bethanie21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2015
I prefer the stainless steel. Love my 14 Pro, which I’ve had for around 3 months now. I don’t find it too heavy and I have small womanly hands, but that’s just me. Personally I think the heftier weight of the 14 Pro makes it feel more premium.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Everytime I get a new phone, I plan to go caseless, but then I realize how slippery it is and I end up buying a thin case to make it easier to grip. I deliberate so hard on which color I want to get and in the end you can't really see it anyway because even with a clear case, you mostly just see the case.

All of y'all who go caseless, how do you grip your phones? Is it slippery to you? Is it awkward to handle when you have difficulty gripping it securely with one hand?

Exact opposite for me. I spend hours searching cases and get a couple. And then i hate that it makes the phone fatter and heavier and hides the design and then i never put them on. 😂
Let's see if it will be the same this time around. (phone not here yet)

• Haha
Reactions: smirking and RRC

smirking

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Silicon Valley
Exact opposite for me. I spend hours searching cases and get a couple. And then i hate that it makes the phone fatter and heavier and hides the design and then i never put them on. 😂

Do you one hand your phone a lot? The biggest thing keeping me from going caseless on the iPhone 15 is that without a case, that extra camera bump tips the weight balance for me so that if I'm juggling the phone with one hand, it feels like it wants to slip forward.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.