Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aParkerMusic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2021
Hi all,

I love my new iPhone 15 Pro (Natural Titanium). I did notice this evening, though, that there is a circular mark on the rear glass where the MagSafe charger ring has come in contact with it. I tried it wipe it off with a microfiber cloth…..the mark is here to stay.

Has anyone else experienced this? The finish of this phone is so beautiful, this noticeably detracts from it. I don’t know that I’d ask for a replacement (or would expect to actually be provided one); maybe that’s just wasteful, anyway. But I think it’s strange that it happened and wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
I would find that upsetting. The MagSafe marking a case is one thing but the actual phone? Not good. I’m going caseless at the moment but because of this post i will use the clear case on my MagSafe nightstand. How weird is that?

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Hi all,

I love my new iPhone 15 Pro (Natural Titanium). I did notice this evening, though, that there is a circular mark on the rear glass where the MagSafe charger ring has come in contact with it. I tried it wipe it off with a microfiber cloth…..the mark is here to stay.

Has anyone else experienced this? The finish of this phone is so beautiful, this noticeably detracts from it. I don’t know that I’d ask for a replacement (or would expect to actually be provided one); maybe that’s just wasteful, anyway. But I think it’s strange that it happened and wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

Used my 14 Pro Max without a case and MagSafe car mount. No rings for a year.

aParkerMusic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2021
This seems incredibly strange/funny, but…..

I tried a microfiber cloth…no success.

I tried a damp microfiber cloth...no success.

I tried glasses cleaning fluid with a microfiber cloth…no success

I tried an alcohol wipe…no success.

Then, I fogged up the glass with my breath, and wiped with a microfiber cloth about 5 times…..completely got rid of the mark lmao

Not sure what to take away from that. Perhaps I wore it down; perhaps the rear glass has a peculiar finish that makes it react to breath moisture; perhaps I have acid breath.

Whatever it was, found the solve!

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I would use a case while you charge moving forward. Over time, the ring will become permanent if you keep doing that without a case. My 12 mini, 13 mini, and 14 Pro cases all had the faint ring from MagSafe charging but, the actual back of the phones were never affected.

Reactions: aParkerMusic

Hey_Apple

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2021
I noticed the ring/discoloration where the MagSafe is located as well after having the device for one day - 15 pro, black titanium

lsara

macrumors regular
Apr 14, 2015
I noticed this ring on the in-store display models of the Black Plus today. It’s such a sleek phone but I wanted to go caseless and the potential for the ring due to accessories is concerning to me.

mysticmanix

macrumors member
May 30, 2021
Hi all,

Yep, used a magsafe popring like 4-5 times, and now there's a permanent mark on the frosted glass that doesn't wipe off

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.