Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CadenZ15

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I ran into an issue with my KeyChain recently, and after wiping it out to start fresh I've been unable to add Internet accounts to my accounts in System Preferences.

When I enter my password for a given account it trys to authenticate with the spinning loading animation, then goes all grey and doesn't do anything after that.

Has anyone had a similar issue or have any suggestions?

Thanks!

P.S. There should be an image attached of the loading screen once it has frozen.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 300

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Not sure what issue you had with Keychain, but completely deleting it probably wasn't very smart. In any case, it's too late to worry about that now... have you tried re-entering your login, iCloud passwords in System Prefs? Have you tried entering the new Internet account info directly in Mail/Messages, etc.?

CadenZ15

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Not sure what issue you had with Keychain, but completely deleting it probably wasn't very smart. In any case, it's too late to worry about that now... have you tried re-entering your login, iCloud passwords in System Prefs? Have you tried entering the new Internet account info directly in Mail/Messages, etc.?

Yes to both, same outcome. I'm on the Public Betas for El Cap, and the KeyChain started to act up after one of the updates. I wasn't able to get it repaired (it would repeatedly lock me out of the UI asking for passwords for various programs). Anyway, I deleted the login KeyChain after everything else, and that's where I am now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.