Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s1m

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Hi
I was recently experiencing battery life issues with my Apple Watch so did a full system reset and wiped the Watch. When I reinstalled everything I went to add my payment card to the Watch and it was working. I then thought I would be clever and remove the card from Apple Pay completely and start again.
Unfortunately I got a message saying that he card couldn't be added at this time. So I tried again later a number of times. The stage I get to is after entering the number (both manually and scanned and from the historical info in my phone), expiry and CCV.
I called the card issuer (Macquarie in Australia) who deleted prior devices - all to no avail.
Has anyone experienced this sort of thing and is the solution to keep phoning the card issuer until I find someone who knows what they are doing?
Cheers
Simon

jono_a

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2021
Having the exact same issue. Upgraded to the iPhone 13 on launch day. When re-adding my credit cards to Apple wallet, I keep getting an error of “Invalid Card. Check the information on your card”. Now I have 3 other cards from the same bank and they worked fine. This exact card was working on my iPhone 12 earlier that day. The information is correct - have tried entering it manually and through the Chase app itself. Called Chase and spoke to a number of different people who all told me everything looks great on their end. Called Apple and they don’t have a clue either. I’m guessing it must be on Chase’s end because the error occurs as it’s “contacting card issuer”. Also noticed now that I can’t add the card from my laptop or iPad which further supports that. Tried restarting. Tried signing out of iCloud and back in. Deleted all cards and readded them all. All add back except for this one (which is very much still functioning everywhere else I use it). Nothing. Hopefully someone who has a similar issue has some thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: s1m

s1m

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2008
Not sure if this could fix your issue but mine is now fixed. I bought a new Apple Watch Series 7 (to replace a series 4 not to fix this issue). Whilst setting u the new Watch I tried to set up my card which hadn't previously been able to be added - seems it needed to be added to a new device rather than being added to an existing device registered with my card issuer...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.