Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cewong2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2021
I'm using Mojave on an iMac 11,1 (Late 2009 Model) using @dosdude1's patches. When it finally got back in, it had disabled all the 3rd party KEXTs and said that I would be requested to approve them as they were used. A few of them came in like they were supposed to but I can't get Google Drive File Stream, or Tuxera's to come through at all. and I can't use either of these programs since the KEXTs won't load. I constantly get an error from both saying there's an issue. I've tried to manually load the KEXTs but to no avail, and I assume it's because I cannot approve them in Security & Privacy. Both of them when I try to load manually give me this error:

Code:
/Library/Extensions/dfsfuse.kext failed to load - (libkern/common) general/unspecified error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

I cannot get into recovery to disable SIP either, as I get the blocked symbol.

Anyone know what I might be able to do?

cewong2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2021
Well I finally fixed this issue, but getting a new keyboard and mouse, loading up dosdude1's USB patcher and getting to terminal and disabling SIP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.