Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Title pretty well sums up the issue. Previous versions of iOS allowed for correcting Copied/Pasted text into a Note to be restored to Default size by: Highlight desired text > Cut text > Paste text back into same Note. Default sizing would be restored. Although this work-around was clunky, it was manageable. This is no longer the case. My experience is that text copied from a source gives no indication that anything is amiss until it is pasted into a Note, where it appears as tiny mouse-print. Using the above method retains the tiny size and nothing changes.

(THIS APPLIES TO NOTES SYNCED WITH GMAIL.)

Does anyone have a way around this? I use text pasted into some ongoing Notes regularly and I'm very frustrated. I've had to retype the copied text and then delete the mouse-print. Labor intensive and maddening, defeating the purpose of Copy/Paste. I'm missing iOS 12.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Over 100 views and nobody has any other ideas how to deal with this process? That's depressing. Anyway, thanks for looking and please keep me in mind if anyone learns anything that might help.

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Sorry if I don't understand the issue exactly, can't you select the mouse type and choose to change it to the (default) Body format?

Attachments

• PNG image.png
    PNG image.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 210

Vigilance247

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2020
I have the same issue. After reading your thread, I tried a work-around that worked for me. I pasted the copied text into the iCloud Notes and it appeared in the large default font. I then copied the text from iCloud Notes and back to the Google Notes. It worked! This is not the best solution but it does help.

Ruggy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2017
It isn't normal behaviour so you could try deleting the Notes.plist file as that usually works when something is behaving oddly like this.
I suggest you do a search about .plist files yourself so you are comfortable with what you are doing, but basically, it's a set of instructions that loads with the program and when you delete it and reboot the machine, it re-compiles a new one and with luck, it should be back to behaving normally again.

Vigilance247

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2020
It isn't normal behaviour so you could try deleting the Notes.plist file as that usually works when something is behaving oddly like this.
I suggest you do a search about .plist files yourself so you are comfortable with what you are doing, but basically, it's a set of instructions that loads with the program and when you delete it and reboot the machine, it re-compiles a new one and with luck, it should be back to behaving normally again.

That would work in MacOS but we are using Notes in iOS.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
I have the same issue. After reading your thread, I tried a work-around that worked for me. I pasted the copied text into the iCloud Notes and it appeared in the large default font. I then copied the text from iCloud Notes and back to the Google Notes. It worked! This is not the best solution but it does help.

I appreciate your input. I don't have iCloud Notes set up. I chose to stay with the older Notes format because it's simple and serves my purposes quite well, except for this annoying text sizing problem that is persisting even thru various iOS 13 updates. I continue to putter around with the problem but haven't had any progress. I've tried pasting the copied text into other text-type apps where it will look fine but when copied again from those apps back into Notes, the mouse-print returns.
[automerge]1596139698[/automerge]

Thanks for offering help.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.