Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blulegend

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Anyone else getting this error when trying to get preapproved for the iPhone 11? On IUP. No issues doing it in past years. Never exchanged or replaced the phone. Phone to be upgraded is iPhone XS 256GB.

Error is this: “Something went wrong while we were checking your eligibility. Please try again.” Happens on desktop browser and iPhone app.

Customer support has no clue and says I have to go into the store tomorrow to preorder.

Any ideas?

blulegend

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Did you freeze your credit?

This is before running any credit. This is the first step after selecting the phone to check in the apple store. This is checking upgrade eligibility, not approval for the Citizens One loan. Also, credit is not frozen.

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
This is before running any credit. This is the first step after selecting the phone to check in the apple store. This is checking upgrade eligibility, not approval for the Citizens One loan. Also, credit is not frozen.

I guess you’ll have to go the Apple store then. I’m sure Apple is getting slammed with calls tonight, otherwise I would suggest to keep calling back until you can get someone who can resolve the issue. Last year it took me six calls & six different representatives to solve the issue I was having with the IUP, but the last representative I spoke with was able to fix the problem. Sometimes it’s who you get on the phone, how knowledgeable they are in their position, and their willingness to actually want to help and resolve issues. Good luck to you.

Reactions: blulegend
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.