Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
I have these 2 stubborn TM snapshots apparently created by CarbonCopyCloner that I cannot get rid of.
I used the terminal command "tmutil listlocalsnapshots /" to list them
Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 6.18.47 PM.png

and then used the command "sudo tmutil deletelocalsnapshots" followed by the date of the snapshot to delete them.
Terminal returns a positive claiming file was deleted, but they are still there when I rerun the "tmutil listlocalsnapshots /" command.
They just will not go away...

Anyone familiar with this issue?

treekram

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2015
Honolulu HI
My guess would be that because the snapshots aren't macOS local snapshots (they're CCC snapshots), it won't delete it.

In CCC, you need to "Show Sidebar" (if it isn't already showing). The bottom left will have the volumes. Select the one that has the snapshots. The snapshots should appear in the upper right. Select the snapshot, right-click and then select Delete.

jbarley

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
Thanks for the comeback...
CCC is my normal method of managing snapshots also, I never had the need to dig deeper until this message showed up in CCC.
And yes I did try the restart as suggested.

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 7.22.26 PM.png

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
I've not experienced that problem. I can only suggest reaching out to Bombich since the snapshot was created with their software.

treekram

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2015
Honolulu HI
As mentioned in the previous post, contact Bombich. They're pretty responsive (maybe not on a Friday evening, though). Also, check to be sure you have the latest version - the latest release was about 3 weeks ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.