Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iggster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2019
Hello!

I've been trying to flash the firmware on my Mac Pro 2009 4 1 to 5 1 in order to be able to upgrade cpu to 12 core as well as RAM.

It's currently running Snow Leopard and doesn't have a partitioned drive (no recovery mode, which means I'm unable to disable SIP).

I've tried to flash the firmware a number of ways and no luck. Could someone please help me? Specs are the same as computers on most Youtube tutorials showing how to upgrade 2009 Mac Pro's.

Banging my head against the wall here so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

MacProRestoreGuy

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2020
Hello!

I've been trying to flash the firmware on my Mac Pro 2009 4 1 to 5 1 in order to be able to upgrade cpu to 12 core as well as RAM.

It's currently running Snow Leopard and doesn't have a partitioned drive (no recovery mode, which means I'm unable to disable SIP).

I've tried to flash the firmware a number of ways and no luck. Could someone please help me? Specs are the same as computers on most Youtube tutorials showing how to upgrade 2009 Mac Pro's.

Thanks!
Same problem. Spent hours trying to figure this out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I followed the online tutorials and nothing. Trying to install El Capitan on another disk and try that.

Macschrauber

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2015
Germany
Hello!

Thanks!

Snow Leo has no Sip. No need to disable.

What Firmware do you exactly run at the moment.

You have to give more input, error messages and such.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.