Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peter6f

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2020
I am unable to insert pictures from the Photos app to a note. It's only happening on the iPad [with iPad OS 14]; iPhone with iOS 14 seems to be okay.

13paul13

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2019
Also working on my 11” iPad Pro 2018, on 14.0.1. Either by selecting a photo in the Photos app and then adding to Notes via the Share Sheet, or using the add photo option within the Notes app itself.

peter6f

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2020
Okay, thank you for letting me know. Something must be wrong with my configuration. For now I am using copy paste to add pictures.

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
Is there a chance you're creating/saving your note in Gmail or some other third-party cloud? iCloud and "On This iPad" support images, but third-party Notes may not support all of Apple's features.

In Notes on iPad, open the Folders sidebar to see where the current note has been created (it'll be highlighted).

peter6f

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2020
Is there a chance you're creating/saving your note in Gmail or some other third-party cloud? iCloud and "On This iPad" support images, but third-party Notes may not support all of Apple's features.

In Notes on iPad, open the Folders sidebar to see where the current note has been created (it'll be highlighted).
Thank you, yes I double checked. The note is created on the iCloud account. Same setting as my iPhone and this works as expected on iOS 14. For some reason doesn’t work on the iPad OS. But it looks like others are not experiencing this issue. In my case I get to choose it, but the photos screen comes and goes right away [flashing].

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.