Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tawnytim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2023
This is a A1502 early 2015. It has El Cap on it now and it's eligible for Monterey but I know I can't just roll right up to that. I *thought* the procedure was to get High Sierra on it, then I could do an internet recovery to Monterey. However, I've got a high sierra installer(known good) and when I choose to install it, after the progress bar, I get the circle with a line through it. I don't do this all the time but I also don't recall having an issue like this. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Please and thank you.

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
Your issue is due to expired certificate in installer. This is easily cured by manually setting the date to, say, the day High Sierra was launched.

Also, install Monterey straight away.

tawnytim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2023
Your issue is due to expired certificate in installer. This is easily cured by manually setting the date to, say, the day High Sierra was launched.

Also, install Monterey straight away.
Thanks!
Can I install Monterey straight from El Cap? Is that possible?

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
You can upgrade to any later OS from an earlier OS, doesn't matter if it is one generation later, five or seven. If your computer supports it, it will upgrade without any problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.