Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RumoredMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2016
I was on 10.3.3 JB (DoubleHelix) and yesterday updated to 12.1.1 JB (Ziyu).

Questions:
1 - I downloaded some cracked games from website and copied/installed them on my iPad via iTunes. But on iPad even after JB, they do not start (opens for 1 second, then closes - same behaviour as non-JB device). How to I make them work on the 12.1.1 JB ?

2 - There is non-working DoubleHelix icon on screen which I am not able to delete. Any idea how to remove that icon?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
There is no iOS 12 jailbreak. Currently 11.4 and above have no jailbreak.

Whatever you did, it was fake.

Always check here: https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/ to see if there is a legitimate jailbreak or not.

Hope you didn't pay for this or offer any financial credentials. You've been had.

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
I was on 10.3.3 JB (DoubleHelix) and yesterday updated to 12.1.1 JB (Ziyu).

Questions:
1 - I downloaded some cracked games from website and copied/installed them on my iPad via iTunes. But on iPad even after JB, they do not start (opens for 1 second, then closes - same behaviour as non-JB device). How to I make them work on the 12.1.1 JB ?

2 - There is non-working DoubleHelix icon on screen which I am not able to delete. Any idea how to remove that icon?
Ouch. Hope you didn't pay for the "JB".

iOS 12 JB doesn't exist at the moment so what you installed or did, is fake.

Whatever you installed could be very malicious, I highly recommend you do a full restore to stock iOS now.

Cycling Asia

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2016
I had a look at what "Ziyu" is. The url is zjailbreak.com. From what I could see, it installs a web clip profile. Upon launching this web clip, you're offered a lot of "freemium" apps. Note that in order to actually download them, you need to give money to the "company". Of course I didn't give any money, so from here on in is speculation...

They provide a "full" version of their app, from which other apps can be installed. Again, this app is a "freemium" app, of which cannot be installed unless you give them money (so I guess that is really premium). The web clip also has links to other "freemium" apps, one of which is their version of cydia. If anyone is prepared to risk financial ruin, it would be good to see I'd say that these apps are (re)signed with an enterprise certificate (that will likely expire without warning).

Anyway... if you want to see what it trying to do, feel free to open http://install.zjailbreak.com in any web browser to get a directory listing of their server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.