Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

betel.cobble_0h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2024
Hi! I’ve been lurking in the community for a while now, but this is my first post.

I’m having an issue with Apple Books at the moment. Not all of my read books are appearing in the previous section and I can’t figure out how to either add the books manually to this list, or remove them and start again.

The only option I have is to delete the book from my device and hide it. I’ve tried marking books as read and unread too, but nothing seems to work. I've tried this on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS.

Any ideas?

betel.cobble_0h

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 6, 2024
Hi Betel, I get that you're having a bit of trouble with Apple Books. If your read books aren't showing up in the "previous" section, let's try a few things. First off, make sure you're signed in with the same Apple ID on all your devices. Check for updates for the Apple Books app on each device, and if there are any, go ahead and update. Give your devices a restart too; sometimes that helps with syncing problems.
Thanks for your reply, Anmol24.

I’ve tried all of the steps you suggested, but it doesn’t seem to have any effect. I managed to get more books to show in the previous section, but they’re completely out of order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.