Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanTheMan827

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2012
I was going to make a comment on this thread, but I'm not able to with it saying I have insufficient privileges.

Is there some additional restriction on this article that isn't obvious?

My bad, I just saw the sticky...

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Yes, that thread is in our Political News forum, and users are required to have 100 posts and have been a member for six months in order to be able to post on those threads. There's a note at the bottom of affected articles mentioning the restriction.

We know there are plenty of users who could make meaningful contributions to these threads but don't yet qualify to post there, but experience has taught us that the restriction significantly reduces the amount of hit-and-run trolling on controversial topics, so it's a trade-off we've elected to make.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I was going to make a comment on this thread, but I'm not able to with it saying I have insufficient privileges.

Is there some additional restriction on this article that isn't obvious?

My bad, I just saw the sticky...

There is a very pleasant Community Forum on the site, with threads devoted to individual, specific topics, such as music, movies, books, cars, coffee, cheese, wine and beer, dinner, and indeed, recipes among many other interests; there is also a very warm and welcoming photography section (in the Digital Photography region of the forum).

Should you wish to visit any of those areas, and decide to make a few posts, I would expect that your post count would soon reach 100 posts, and you could then post in PRSI.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.