Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
On the native mail app of ios, can't move emails from any imap account folder to my Exchange / outlook.com mail account, On native mail app of ios. the Exchange/ outlook.com mail account appears greyed out. I have no problem moving emails from the Office 365 Exchange account or outlook.com account to IMAP folders, but I can't do it the other way round.

I also have no problem doing this on macOS – the Mail.app on my two Macs does it straight away, dragging & dropping, and those changes are instantly reflected on my iPhone & iPad. I just can't perform the task of moving an email from an IMAP account over to the Office 365 Exchange account or outlook.com account, because it's not an option – it's greyed out in the list.

Even when Mail.app on iOS suggests a particular Exchange/ outlook.com account folder to move the email to (because I've done the same previously, with related content), it just says "Unable to move email" and it stays in the IMAP Inbox.
So, it works on macOS, but not on iOS.

any solution ?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
There's currently no simple setting to make it work. It's some sort of Exchange ActiveSync/iOS thing that I don't understand so I couldn't even say if it would be possible to fix in the software.

You can set up your Office 365 email as IMAP and lose push. That's what I did recently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.