Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MathersMahmood

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 5, 2016
England
Hi all.
I’m unable to open RAW files on my iPad no matter how I try.

This makes it impossible for me to edit them in light room or pixlemator.

Does anyone know a way around this? Very annoying that you can’t do this on a “Pro” product.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Hi all.

Does anyone know a way around this? Very annoying that you can’t do this on a “Pro” product.

Save them as .DNG first and you should be able to.

Reactions: MathersMahmood

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Save them as .DNG first and you should be able to.
Hi all.

Apparently Canon has an app to convert .CR3 files to an iPad/iPhone readable format, but not .CR2. Let us know if the .DNG thing works for you.

w5jck

Suspended
Nov 9, 2013
Photoshop and Lightroom pretty much suck on the iPad. With my Sony RAW fikes I have to first import them into Lightroom, export them as a 16-bit TIFF, then open them in Photoshop. Both LR and PS are clunky and feature challenged on the iPad. I like both on the Mac, but it takes 10 times longer to get the same edits on an iPad. Much of that is due to the iPadOS not having a usable filing system, just a POS Files app that is nearly useless.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
What camera? I can import and edit CR2 images from my Canon G7X MK II & 70D in Lightroom. I can also open and view them in FileBrowser Pro (and share from there to LR for editing). 2021 12.9 Pro, 15.0.2.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Photoshop and Lightroom pretty much suck on the iPad. With my Sony RAW fikes I have to first import them into Lightroom, export them as a 16-bit TIFF, then open them in Photoshop. Both LR and PS are clunky and feature challenged on the iPad. I like both on the Mac, but it takes 10 times longer to get the same edits on an iPad. Much of that is due to the iPadOS not having a usable filing system, just a POS Files app that is nearly useless.

I think Adobe announced yesterday that Photoshop for iPad will be able to handle RAW files directly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.