Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsreakk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
So I updated to iOS12 but all the old albums I had synced from iTunes into my Music app are greyed out and when I try to play them I get an error message. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there any known fix for this?

Thanks

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
So I updated to iOS12 but all the old albums I had synced from iTunes into my Music app are greyed out and when I try to play them I get an error message. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there any known fix for this?

Thanks

iOS 12 isn’t ready for reliable use yet. It exists in beta so developers can test it to find bugs that need fixed, isolate what causes those bugs, and submit their observations and perhaps methods of fixing the bugs to Apple.

It also exists so that developers can experiment with new code in iOS and get an idea as to what changes they might need to make to their own programs to establish iOS 12 compatibility.

It does not exist for the purpose of upgrading our primary devices just to be first on the block to have the latest.

It is generally assumed that if you’re using a developer beta, that you understand that it is broken. And that you know how to troubleshoot.

It is not an assumption, that it should do anything reliable. Or that anybody can help you to get it working.

Isolating details and submitting your assessment of the problem to Apple is the presumed next steps.

Apple can then try to recreate your problem, see if your ideas of repairs might work, and release a new beta to be evaluated.

itsreakk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
iOS 12 isn’t ready for reliable use yet. It exists in beta so developers can test it to find bugs that need fixed, isolate what causes those bugs, and submit their observations and perhaps methods of fixing the bugs to Apple.

It also exists so that developers can experiment with new code in iOS and get an idea as to what changes they might need to make to their own programs to establish iOS 12 compatibility.

It does not exist for the purpose of upgrading our primary devices just to be first on the block to have the latest.

It is generally assumed that if you’re using a developer beta, that you understand that it is broken. And that you know how to troubleshoot.

It is not an assumption, that it should do anything reliable. Or that anybody can help you to get it working.

Isolating details and submitting your assessment of the problem to Apple is the presumed next steps.

Apple can then try to recreate your problem, see if your ideas of repairs might work, and release a new beta to be evaluated.

I know it's a developers beta, I'm just asking if anyone knows if there is any known way to get it fixed.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Mine works normally. All are old songs and albums. No greyed out one. iOS 12 beta 1.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

You should reply to every thread in this sub with this :D

Reactions: EM2013
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.