Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Trying to post some pictures in the POTD thread straight from my Mac Mini tonight and its not uploading. Just hangs. Image size is within limits and its a jpg so not sure what is going on?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Any update on this? I even tried a lower res version and it won't upload. I have tried different photos as well. I did manage one yesterday, but no joy again tonight.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Any update on this? I even tried a lower res version and it won't upload. I have tried different photos as well. I did manage one yesterday, but no joy again tonight.

What gear are you using? Desktop? Phone? Which browser? Clearly people are uploading TONS of photos all the time, so it seems like it might be on your end. I'd be more than glad to review the pic too, give it a shot. :)

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Maybe internet connection isn't robust enough? Did you have a lot of other devices connected to the internet, up and running at the same time you were trying to use your computer? You've mentioned issues with some "dead" zones around your home or property and maybe you just aren't getting enough signal for uploading?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
What gear are you using? Desktop? Phone? Which browser? Clearly people are uploading TONS of photos all the time, so it seems like it might be on your end. I'd be more than glad to review the pic too, give it a shot. :)
Mac Mini. Been uploading them the same way for years. Drag and drop after exporting from LR.
[automerge]1595971727[/automerge]
Maybe internet connection isn't robust enough? Did you have a lot of other devices connected to the internet, up and running at the same time you were trying to use your computer? You've mentioned issues with some "dead" zones around your home or property and maybe you just aren't getting enough signal for uploading?
Internet speed is all good. The Mac mini is hard wired to the rooter.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
I always hit the "Attach Files" button, which brings up the list of files on my desktop or I go to the Pictures folder in Finder, find the image I have in mind in a folder there, and I simply choose whichever image it is I'm about to share. That thumbnail then rests below the body of the post and when I'm ready to add it to my post, I click on "Insert Full Image," and my image shows up in the post. If I've finished writing any text I then simply hit "Post Reply" and that's it.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I always hit the "Attach Files" button, which brings up the list of files on my desktop or I go to the Pictures folder in Finder, find the image I have in mind in a folder there, and I simply choose whichever image it is I'm about to share. That thumbnail then rests below the body of the post and when I'm ready to add it to my post, I click on "Insert Full Image," and my image shows up in the post. If I've finished writing any text I then simply hit "Post Reply" and that's it.
I usually just drag and drop. I’ve tried that method as well. It’s just stopped working. I’ll try a different browser later. That’s about the only thing left to try. Weird that safari would suddenly change though. Clearly I’ve posted many pictures before, and clearly other people are posting.
[automerge]1596047883[/automerge]
I’ve just posted an iPhone snap from my iPhone and that’s worked. Not ideal though.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So I updated my Mac to the latest software (10.15.6) and its now working. Seeing as the last time I did an OS update it killed my Mac Mini and it needed a new logic board, you can understand my reluctance to do it. Anyway I'm good to go again. Thank you for your help.

Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 20.01.42.png

_DSC4677.jpg

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Excellent! Amazing what a difference an update can make. Whew, good that all went smoothly this time! Nice photos, too! Sunflowers are so delightful cheery, aren’t they?!
They are. Especially as this one just sprung up un noticed in the corner of the garden! I didn't see it until it was in full bloom.

Reactions: Clix Pix

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
So I updated my Mac to the latest software (10.15.6) and its now working. Seeing as the last time I did an OS update it killed my Mac Mini and it needed a new logic board, you can understand my reluctance to do it. Anyway I'm good to go again. Thank you for your help.

View attachment 938647
View attachment 938648

Awesome photo, glad you were able to resolve this ?

Reactions: Apple fanboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.