Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coincollector82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2020
After upgrading to BigSur I've found I'm unable to set my iCloud calendar as default in the Calendar app. When I receive an ICS file the Calendar app creates a new calendar. Once the event is created on the new calendar I am able to move it to iCloud. Before the upgrade my iCloud calendar was default and working as expected. I've tried removing the iCloud account from Calendar and adding it back without success. Has anyone else seen this, and have you found a solution?

Note: When I remove iCloud from Calendar the local "On this Mac" calendars appear in the default selection list. So it is only iCloud calendars missing from the selection.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 8.14.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 8.14.15 AM.png
    305.3 KB · Views: 125

coincollector82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2020
I found a workaround for anyone interested. When a received ICS file creates a new calendar called "Mail Attachments" both the new and original calendars show up as options to set as default. However, once the new calendar is deleted both of them disappear from the drop down. So, if you don't mind having an unused second calendar then this should work until a fix is provided.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.