Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NeonSurgeDev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Southern California
Subject Edit: Unable to update iPhone Application on iTunesConnect Portal

We published our first iPhone game, it got accepted after being denied twice, and now it's live! Now we need to update it because there's some bugs, but I'm having some major problems. Check this out guys... maybe one of you have a idea or workaround for this.

When I submit my application for uploading on the website it said something along the lines of CFModuleVersion needs to be different. I did a bit of research and used the CLI tool agvtool to increment the whole project to a new version and resubmitted with the same problems. After awhile I gave up and used the checkbox to submit later.

When submitting later, I do not get any error messages (but I assume the error is still occuring) and my updated app is still "waiting for upload". Anyone run into this? Know how to fix/work around this? It's definitely possible something is wrong with my project and some number somewhere else I need to increment. But there is NO documentation on the upgrade docs or anywhere on Apple's site in regards to the version number incrementing stuff.

Ideas/Thoughts/Input?

If any ya'll are curious, our game is SolarQuest, we're just 2 guys, totally indie developers, and the game is a cheap ($2.99) but awesome 3D game! :) Check it out if you want...

http://neonsurge.com/solarquest

whosyourtator

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
Same here but with new application

When submitting my application yesterday, I tried to use the web based upload link and the checkbox would never appear for the application binary in the itunesconnect portal. No error message was displayed after the actual upload. The page displatyed 0.9 of 0.9 with an x next to it which just deleted the upload. If I tried to submit as is, the page told me I had to submit a binary, arrgh, which I tried repeatedly.

I then tried to use the "ApplicationLoader" tool. It said the upload was successful but the application is stuck at "Waiting for Upload" status. Anyone else in the same boat? I am using a wildcard appid as the setup suggests. I have checked a couple of other threads mentioning this and how people fixed this. I tried what was in those threads, I am using a wildcard app id.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
I have been able to successfully upload an update, although it's still in review. Other than changes to the code, the only thing I changed was the bundle version in the info.plst.

NeonSurgeDev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Southern California
Admanimal

I have been able to successfully upload an update, although it's still in review. Other than changes to the code, the only thing I changed was the bundle version in the info.plst.

How did you do this? I mean... I tried just incrementing mine from 1 to 1.1, and resubmitted and this did not work. I'm frustrated! :) What exact number did you go from/to in this value?

kshep

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
Bundle Version

Do you have to change the bundle version? I left everything the same in XCode and simply entered version 1.1 when i uploaded a new binary. The file didn't get rejected and says In Review now.

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
Maybe you don't have to change it. I just changed mine from 1.0 to 1.05.

Where you able to deploy the app back up to iTunes with the same distribution ID? Or did you need a new one?

I'm not sure of that process, but want to upload an update today.

NeonSurgeDev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Southern California
So aggravated at this point...

I have 2 bugs filed, have emailed their support, and have even attempted to use a purchased tech support request and STILL can't get this issue resolved. That freakin' AppliationLoader is buggy. I highly advise unless your app is really above 200MB, to NOT use the uploader. I did it only because I was having issues with the web interface and wanted to save the settings/text I wrote.

Our game is a bit buggy and slowly gaining bad reviews because of a few bugs which are long since fixed.

Apple's really dropping the ball here. Ridiculous.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Where you able to deploy the app back up to iTunes with the same distribution ID? Or did you need a new one?

I'm not sure of that process, but want to upload an update today.

literally the only thing I changed other than some code was the bundle version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.