Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Starflyer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2003
Moderator note: This is a post by user StarShot. Due to an error by MacRumors it is shown with the wrong username. Our apologies.

For some reason, I can't use my IP6 camera roll pictures for wallpaper as I could in the past. There are only a few limited recent photos available for wallpaper although if I go into Camera/back photos there are many more that I would like to choose from.

Anyone know why this is different with iOS8?

Last edited by a moderator:

JonathanK81

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2006
For some reason, I can't use my IP6 camera roll pictures for wallpaper as I could in the past. There are only a few limited recent photos available for wallpaper although if I go into Camera/back photos there are many more that I would like to choose from.

iOS8 removed camera roll as you know it. And so when you try and use photos you took as wallpapers, there are only two options. Photos you already have saved and/or synced from your computer from before, and then "recent photos."

Starflyer

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 22, 2003
Moderator note: This is a post by user StarShot. Due to an error by MacRumors it is shown with the wrong username. Our apologies.

iOS8 removed camera roll as you know it. And so when you try and use photos you took as wallpapers, there are only two options. Photos you already have saved and/or synced from your computer from before, and then "recent photos."

Thanks, wonder if the rumored return of Camera Roll will "fix" this problem. My main reason is that I had a photo with my phone number on the "lock" screen in case I lost the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK

What do you mean? I have no issues setting any picture or image as a wallpaper, not limited to any recent pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.