Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dembo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
London, UK / Frankfurt, Germany
Hi,

I set up my brand new iPad Air 2 as a new device. It came with 8.1 pre-installed and there seems to be an issue with using iCloud Documents and Data: So far I did not upgrade to iCloud Drive (want to keep the production machine on Mavericks for a bit), however, I cannot active iCloud a Documents and Data on the new Air 2.

Any ideas how I could get things up and running?

Last edited:

Dembo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
@dembo: don't post your apple id ...

Thanks, didn't see that it was stuck there - removed the attachment for now.

I have quite a few applications that seem to rely on iCloud Documents & Data to sync settings and data such as Day One and FlickStackr. Would be nice to keep using the features there, I guess I have to update to Yosemite soon.

macenied

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2014
I have an iPad 4 and use it with iOS 8.1, I see the Documents and Data setting and have it activated ( for 1 app I use ). I do not use iCloud Drive. No idea why you don't have this setting.

Dembo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
To bring this to a close:

I bit the bullet and migrated everything (including an old iPad 2) to iOS 8.1 or Yosemite (have to get used to the looks....) and turned on iCould Drive.

So far all components are working fine, except my original reason to make the switch: DayOne stalled when switching to iCould Drive so I ended up changing the DayOne sync to Dropbox and I am now reasonably happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.