Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M3Stang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Unable to withdraw anything from apple savings. Last withdrawal I did was earlier this month, no problem. This is the first one I have tried since updating and it doesn't work. I contacted Goldman Sachs support and explained the issue, but they said I should contact apple. I am going to contact them in the morning, but just looking to see if this is a widespread issue or just me so far. Here is the break down of what's happening.

Issue:
When the account selection screen comes up, it says processing at the bottom, then quickly disappears. This is before it gives me the opportunity to double click. I tried with other family members phones (different apple ids/savings accounts) and it works fine. They are all on 17.3.1. I keep looping between 3 and 4 on the UI flow below. It almost seems like my phone is hitting potentially a bad server or maybe multiple in a load balancer. I imagine that it makes some call to Goldman Sachs to see if the money is there or something before allowing you to double click. Perhaps, rather than display an error it just drops the account selection modal. Idk just thinking of things. Anyone else?

What I tried:
Rebooting the phone.

UI Flow:
1. Tap Withdraw
2. Enter amount
3. Press next on top right
4. This is where you would select your bank
5. Double click side button

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Working here on my iPhone 15 Pro iOS 17.4.

Does it let you withdraw to Apple Cash?
Any different behavior on WiFi vs mobile data?
Do you use a VPN? if so try removing that.

M3Stang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Working here on my iPhone 15 Pro iOS 17.4.

Does it let you withdraw to Apple Cash?
Any different behavior on WiFi vs mobile data?
Do you use a VPN? if so try removing that.
No, it disappears before I can select a bank to withdraw too, whether Apple Cash or an external one. I tried mobile data, Wi-Fi, vpn on and off. Same result. Even now this morning same thing.

GaryGnu

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2019
I am having exactly the same problem. It's been happening since mid-afternoon EDT on 2024-03-10.

Reactions: M3Stang

M3Stang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
I am having exactly the same problem. It's been happening since mid-afternoon EDT on 2024-03-10.
Glad I’m not alone then. I’m glad I only have a few thousand in there and not my life’s savings lol.

GaryGnu

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2019
I turned ON face ID for wallet and it transferred the money. I tried turning it back off, but there was a security message and it won't let me do that for an hour, so I don't know if that fixed the problem, or just a timing issue on Apple/Goldman/3rd party end. I test again once I can reset and let you know.

GaryGnu

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2019
(I know, it hasn't been an hour, but I didn't post the other message right away).

OK, that was it. I turned face ID for wallet back OFF and it went back to the quick flash on the "Next" option.
I'd report this as a bug but I'm not 100% sure, and I'd like to see if the same thing happens to you so I can either tell them it's both of us, or this setting change fixed my problem but not yours.

Reactions: Cbigs

M3Stang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
This worked for me as well. Thank you for this tip, I was able to complete my transfer! I am in the security delay now too to go back to passcode. It's a feature I turned on I think when iOS 17.3 came out where if the phone were to get stolen, the thief can't make changes for an hour/see passwords saved without your face. Seems like a bug related to that.

Reactions: Cbigs

M3Stang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
I turned it back on and the issue came back. I guess I will turn Face ID to transfer money for now when I need to. Thanks again for the tip!

M3Stang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
I spoke with a supervisor at Goldman Sachs about this to let them know of this workaround. They said they will take a note and inform the agents of this workaround for troubleshooting. I said that update just came out so more and more people are going to be updating over the coming days so you may see a lot of this. Hopefully they actually do pass it along/an update with a fix comes out soon.

GaryGnu

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2019
Yeah, I think it has something to do with face ID trying to verify the transaction. Face ID usually works pretty seemless for me, so I think it's a bug. I'm more surprised no one else has seen this yet.

I'm glad I was able to help someone for once, instead of my general (not so) funny comments.

Cbigs

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2024
I spoke with a supervisor at Goldman Sachs about this to let them know of this workaround. They said they will take a note and inform the agents of this workaround for troubleshooting. I said that update just came out so more and more people are going to be updating over the coming days so you may see a lot of this. Hopefully they actually do pass it along/an update with a fix comes out soon.
Clearly Goldman is not sharing the info with their support team as I contacted them today and they were no help. I appreciate you all for posting this. Frustrating not having access to funds when you expect to

nightstar9

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2024
Had exactly the same problem. Goldman support was no help. Your fix worked. You have no idea what a HUGE help you have been by posting this information. Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.