Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killbynumbers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2019
I have been using Amazon Fresh to order groceries for 5-6 years now and never had any problems with unauthorized charges until now.

Two weeks ago, I made an order and all was good. Driver pulls up to my apartment complex and before he even gets to the door, I start getting random charges from Amazon for amounts ranging from $3+ on up to $8+. I had my banks debit card set as my default and the bank actually declined those three charges. They tried again a few times throughout the day. Fina;;y I just locked the card and a new card at the bank the next day.

Next week, I change my default card to a CC and make an order. No problems with extra charges.

Yesterday, I place an order using that same card and the exact same thing happens as soon as the driver pulls into the complex. Capital One approved them. There were two charges and within an hour I locked the card. Again one was for $3.88 and the other for $8+.

I'll prevent this in the future by just locking my card as soon as I make the purchase.

Anyone here have anything like this happen with Amazon?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.