Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
So Unc0ver on 4K device (iphone 6 plus), should i be able to SSH into the phone and have root permissions?
I even choose the "Open SSH" option in the Unc0ver settings, but i can´t get access to the phone?

And i can´t obviouly get access to the phone by USB (ifunbox) either because i have no way to install AFC2Add

Since 4K devices doesn´t have support for Cydia i wanted to install apps by way of SSH?

I´m not even sure i´m jailbroken since i still get the beta update alerts, which should be prevented by Unc0ver b39 which is the version i´m using. but Un0ver showed me a message saying i´m now jailbroken and also i now got the "re-jailbreak" button instead of the "jailbreak" button?

So whats going on here? Unc0ver works nicely on my 6S so far, but on my 6 Plus it seems to be a lot of trouble?
Is there any way to check if i´m jailbroken for sure, and also how can i respring without the various respring apps/tweaks (can´t install them right now).

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
Pwn is about to release Unc0ver with full 4K support including update Cydia, just wait for that

Yes but as far as i have understood it´s up to Saurik now to update substrate, and he doesn´t seem to have the same speed as Pwn20wnd?

I just think it´s strange that i can´t SSH into the phone and that i still have the beta update alert, i´m suspecting i´m not even jailbroken even though the logs clearly says i am, and the Unc0ver app as well?

pdxmatts

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 8.07.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 8.07.04 PM.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 185

MacUse-R

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 24, 2017
Now there is B41

Yup, im now jailbroken on b41, and it´s working fine, except that i had 2 random reeboots due to too much memory being used by something? Also after it rebooted the Unc0ver app could not be opened, it crashed directly, so i had to delete it and sideload it again.
I hope that doesn´t contiune, but other than that it´s actually working fine. I can now SSH into the device.

I´m now pretty sure i was never jailbroken earlier on b37, even though the Unc0ver app said i was?

Lets see if A12 support is coming, he has been working incredibly fast. But i read that for A12 there was something called PAC which should be "fixed", and apparently it´s hard?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.