Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saving107

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I know that the first beta of Lion was released this morning, and Apple's preview of Lion from their website still references Aqua (and so do all the screen shots), but wile searching google for any new Mac OS X Lion Wallpapers, I came across this article and thought I would share.

Even though I have my doubts of the screen shots authenticity (and Gizmodo reporting this), I thought it might be a fun discussion if you guys think Apple should make the Menu Bar on top Black Translucent like from iOS?

xlarge_maxosclionscreenshotgah.jpg

"A reader just sent us this pretty little screenshot. He explained that it was forwarded to him by a friend who works for some mysterious company."

He explained me that in Apple they've been working on a new interface—and this is one of the options. It includes a new dock (the one in the picture) that has a default auto-hide function, an "opaque" effect in the back, and a new bar with direct access to LaunchPad. The icons in the right are hidden until you put the mouse over and enhancements in the window system like a pop-up effect and darker interface.
http://gizmodo.com/#!5768754/could-this-be-a-mac-os-x-lion-screenshot

aiqw9182

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
Easy as hell to modify Snow Leopard to look like that. I'm calling fake. The only UI changes we know of are whats in the beta. That opaque dock looks terribad.

scmaster53

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2010
North Adams, MA
I'm going to also call fake. I don't think apple is going to ditch the glossy shelf for apps in your dock. Even iOS has the glass shelf for apps on your homepage. But I can see apple changing the UI a little bit more. The black menu bar maybe... you see that effect in quicktime as it is right now.

I call this fake, but could see there being more UI changes when Lion RTMs in the summer.

iDisk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2010
Menlo Park, CA
I know that the first beta of Lion was released this morning, and Apple's preview of Lion from their website still references Aqua (and so do all the screen shots), but wile searching google for any new Mac OS X Lion Wallpapers, I came across this article and thought I would share.

Even though I have my doubts of the screen shots authenticity (and Gizmodo reporting this), I thought it might be a fun discussion if you guys think Apple should make the Menu Bar on top Black Translucent like from iOS?

xlarge_maxosclionscreenshotgah.jpg

"A reader just sent us this pretty little screenshot. He explained that it was forwarded to him by a friend who works for some mysterious company."

http://gizmodo.com/#!5768754/could-this-be-a-mac-os-x-lion-screenshot

Wow this is the same site that has zero credibility with Apple.

Gizmodo is a trash site, that exploits extreme means to do dishonest practices.

verdict: fake, uninspired, and not different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.