Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

javierbds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
Madrid, Spain
Hi,

I bought an iBook and an iPod Mini from Apple Store.
They (supposedly) came through TNT to Vodafone (where I work).
The iBook was given to me by Vodafone but the iPod Mini has disappeared.

In Apple Store they say they require ME to sign when goods are delivered ... IT DIDN'T HAPPEN !
Vodafone signed for two packets but was unable to deliver the iPod.

Currently I am 'negotiating' with Vodafone to pay for the iPod Mini as they signed TNT that they had received it.
(SO NOW I HAVE NO MONEY AND NO IPOD)

I'd like to (un)register my stolen iPod for any service Apple may provide for it, or in any DB of stolen goods.

Officially Apple has delivered the goods.

How can I know if my iPod was registered by the thief?
I need the serial number of the product!

How can I get it?

Thanks

:( , SWITCHING: less hussle more thieves ...

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
Does your employer have a policy for the delivery of personal goods to work? They may have a 'we are not responsible for personal shipments made to work' clause somewhere, which means you'd be out of luck, in the US at least. Spain may have laws covering this sort of thing, though, I don't know.

javierbds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
Madrid, Spain
mrgreen4242 said:
Does your employer have a policy for the delivery of personal goods to work? They may have a 'we are not responsible for personal shipments made to work' clause somewhere, which means you'd be out of luck, in the US at least. Spain may have laws covering this sort of thing, though, I don't know.

IANAL, (I am not a lawyer)
The fact is Vodafone is not my employer (I am subcontrated meat in this new world order (Vodafone is TWO LEVELS SEPARATED FROM ME)... haven't signed a paper to Vodafone ever, except the one saying I received a package that can only physically contain a 12'' iBook at best).
Well, I really don't know.
If they stamp a seal as receiving something addressed to me then:
a) TNT is not fullfilling their contract with Apple as thay haven't got the signature of the person they sould get, neither have they delivered the goods to him.
b) Vodafone is saying, in the best case, I vouch for the integrity of this shipment as they have stamped TNT's receipt. I don't even ask them to deliver it to me, they didn't, I had to ask for it ... How can someone SIGN a receipt and then say they are not responsible?
If they don't want to be then they sould not sign, and goods would have to be delivered somewhere else ...

In my situation I CANT BELIEVE NOBODY (and I really dont have to ...), Apple doesn't give me a serial number, TNT doesn't show me any image of the package, and neither Apple nor TNT has my signature for receiving anything. As far as I know the iPod wasn't EVEN BUILT !

I dont care who has the iPod , the only thing I know is that I can PROVE I dont have it ... Can I? :ekk:

:mad:

What could happen if I return the iBook to Vodafone and I say I reject the order as it has been delivered incomplete to me?
How would this three companies deal with it? Apple Store has told me that if no iPod is returned no iPod will be refunded ...

But they have also told me they don't know the serial number?

ANYWAY,
Who sould I ask for the serial number?
Should I return the shipping? Has anybody returned a shipping for being incomplete ?
Will Vodafone pay the iPod? :confused:

Thanks

smitty078

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2004
Here are the questions to find out:

Can Apple provide reciepts that the shipping company recieved your 2 packages from apple?
- No: Apple is responsible and should mail you another of whatever you didn't get
- Yes: All of apple's responsibility is gone. It is now in the hands of the shipping company.. read on.

Can the shipping company provide signatures that Vodafone signed for both packages?
- No: They are responsible for whatever packages they can not provide signatures for. Course of action depends on the company's policy on lost packages.
- Yes: The shipping company is not responsible because although it wasn't you, someone over 18 at the address you had the package mailed to signed for it. By signing for it, responsibilty is now placed on Vodafone.

Assuming it's filtered down this far, it becomes an issue between you and Vodafone. What happens now becomes an issue of what their policy is on having personal packages mailed to your work mailing address.

javierbds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
Madrid, Spain
smitty078 said:
Here are the questions to find out:

Can Apple provide reciepts that the shipping company recieved your 2 packages from apple?
- No: Apple is responsible and should mail you another of whatever you didn't get
- Yes: All of apple's responsibility is gone. It is now in the hands of the shipping company.. read on.

Can the shipping company provide signatures that Vodafone signed for both packages?
- No: They are responsible for whatever packages they can not provide signatures for. Course of action depends on the company's policy on lost packages.
- Yes: The shipping company is not responsible because although it wasn't you, someone over 18 at the address you had the package mailed to signed for it. By signing for it, responsibilty is now placed on Vodafone.

Assuming it's filtered down this far, it becomes an issue between you and Vodafone. What happens now becomes an issue of what their policy is on having personal packages mailed to your work mailing address.

Clear and to the point, smitty078 :)
I could tell a lot of stuff about the things above but it is enough to say : YES to the last question ...
If you analyze in nitty-gritty detail all the evidence you can find cracks everywhere (Apple Store included). If anyone wants details, please ask

I'll be more than happy to sing my woes ...
:cool:

Oh, I got my iPod serial # from Tech Support and they wrote in their DB the current situation in case it ever appears near Apple, one can never know ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.