Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thistle41

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2021
UK
OK, so I have Series 3 watch and bought the Under Armour MVP to get training plans. Now on the iPhone, it all looks fine and also syncs with the watch after a workout. However, I cannot see any indication on the watch during a workout regarding intervals for my plan. Reading some help files UA says that you need the phone with you during the workout. Now this defeats the whole point of the Watch/iPhone integration, surely I can leave the phone at home and all the alerts are uploaded to the watch when I start?

Am I overlooking something here, please?

Thistle41

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2021
UK
OK, so I have Series 3 watch and bought the Under Armour MVP to get training plans. Now on the iPhone, it all looks fine and also syncs with the watch after a workout. However, I cannot see any indication on the watch during a workout regarding intervals for my plan. Reading some help files UA says that you need the phone with you during the workout. Now this defeats the whole point of the Watch/iPhone integration, surely I can leave the phone at home and all the alerts are uploaded to the watch when I start?

Am I overlooking something here, please?
Looked at the Under Armour site in more detail and they admit it is not possible to make their plans work independently on the Watch. Sub for MVP is now cancelled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.