Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eAspenwood

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2005
USA
I find that a chilly day outside, like between 30 - 50 degrees Farenheit is the perfect temperature range for the G5 to comfortably heat up my small office. A really cold day, like below 20 degrees, is just too cold for it to keep up. Perhaps I need to upgrade to a quad.

After cursing the G5 under my desk all summer long for giving me SLS (Sweaty Leg Syndrome), I now am reaping the full benefits of a G5. Kudos to Apple for thinking of us in these cold winter months by providing this great feature.

Now, if I could just get that cup holder to stay put...

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
eAspenwood said:
I find that a chilly day outside, like between 30 - 50 degrees Farenheit is the perfect temperature range for the G5 to comfortably heat up my small office. A really cold day, like below 20 degrees, is just too cold for it to keep up. Perhaps I need to upgrade to a quad.

After cursing the G5 under my desk all summer long for giving me SLS (Sweaty Leg Syndrome), I now am reaping the full benefits of a G5. Kudos to Apple for thinking of us in these cold winter months by providing this great feature.

Now, if I could just get that cup holder to stay put...

Ditto. My office connects to an uninsulated storage closet and gets quite hot in the summer, and cold in the winter. My G5 feels especially nice when deflected against the wall toward me.

Sdashiki

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2005
Behind the lens
WTF is sweaty leg syndrome, I dont believe I have ever sweat to the point my legs sweat.

my feet, behind my knee, maybe, but my leg? wow.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
In our little corner of the office there's a noticeable and oppressive micro-climate produced by 3 x dual 2.5s, 2x733 Quicksilvers and 1x dual 1.25 G4 plus 4x22" monitors and assorted printers, scanners and peripherals.

Everybody who comes up here remarks on how warm it is and that's with the air-con on... in the winter. We also have a few fans to stir the air up as well and I have a small desk one to keep me cool... particularly when I'm getting cross with internal clients. :)

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
It seems that every winter the Graphic's Labs in the Art building are very cold, especially with G5's. And in the Summer the room is uncomfortably hot.

But that is nothing compared to the fact that the photography darkroom is right above the G5 lab and a few years ago there was a leak from the pips. So, some genius decided to use some pipes and just divert the flow to the outside. You can still see the pipes used. Also, there is a very high pitched, ear ringing, sound emitted from the giant machinery hanging from the ceiling. At times even headphones can't block the noise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.