Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nStyle

macrumors 65832
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
Just got the white 11“ MKB and noticing the lighting is varied in brightness and very uneven all over. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this before I bother returning or trading out.

It’s also hard to see white light against white keys...definitely a downside to the white MKB.

I was going to take a picture of it but the camera doesn’t do a good job of showing it.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Just got the white 11“ MKB and noticing the lighting is varied in brightness and very uneven all over. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this before I bother returning or trading out.

It’s also hard to see white light against white keys...definitely a downside to the white MKB.

I was going to take a picture of it but the camera doesn’t do a good job of showing it.
No, I ordered one and didn't see any uneven backlighting.

Reactions: rgarjr

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I noticed this yesterday when I got mine. It isn’t really detrimental as I never actually look at the keyboard, but it is sad that it is a defect on a $300 keyboard. Love the white otherwise.

If you look from the top down it looks fine. The issue appears when off angle, such as when sitting at a desk typing. Some keys (Especially control/option) look black on the edges and only lit in the center of the word.

This is on the 11”. I have my old black one sitting right next to it and it doesn’t have this issue.

Alicia1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Gold Coast, Australia
I have noticed this with mine, tempted to take it back and get a replacement. The middle keys seem to be the worst, not very bright compared to the rest of the keyboard.

Reactions: CDF03

CDF03

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2021
I have this issue with the white keyboard I purchased a few days ago. The keys along the top, bottom, outmost left and right side are brighter than the rest. Those closer to the middle of the keyboard are not as bright. I plan on returning mine and going with the black.

Attachments

• E655C871-8D6B-439B-AD91-A91E0443B66C.jpeg
    E655C871-8D6B-439B-AD91-A91E0443B66C.jpeg
    205.8 KB · Views: 239
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.