Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicolaselhani

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2015
Since upgrading to macOS Sonoma, if I want to Unhide a Purchase such as a macOS App Store Application, Music, Movie or TV Show:
  1. I go to Account - Hidden Purchases - Manage
  2. It redirects me to the Apple Music App (If I do the step above in the TV app or the App Store app)
  3. It just shows me the Purchased tabs with All, Not in My Library as well as Albums and Songs and I have no option to Hide any purchases as I can't see my Hidden purchases, not Apps, not Movies or TV Shows and not Music
I am only able to Hide purchases within the Books app as it doesn't re-direct me to Music and I see all Hidden purchases within the Books app.
Can anyone confirm this behavior? Is it a bug? And if not what the workaround is?
Thanks

Reactions: StralyanPithecus

nicolaselhani

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2015
Pretty crazy that the most stable release of Sonoma is causing this. Never had an issue with this before! Just updated to Sonoma and seeing this. Should I file a bug report? Or does anyone of previous Sonoma versions doing this?

n3tronic

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2024
Hello all. I also have the problem. I reported the bug to apple. in the meantime I found a workaround : use the podcasts app, in the menu bar : account -> show Apple ID. you'll find the same panel as in the Mac app store, but this time the 'manage'button works. at least it did for me.

cheers.

nicolaselhani

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2015
That's a great tip!

I was actually able to do it without the Podcasts app:

-macOS System Settings - Apple ID - Media & Purchases - Account - Manage...
-then you see the same Mac app store section where you can click on Manage Hidden purchases and it will show up

So what you're saying is right, but you can skip the podcasts app and just do it directly through macOS.

What a crazy bug to have from a $2 trillion company, where you can't manage to hide or unhide any of your Movies, Music, Apps, Books...

Reactions: n3tronic

n3tronic

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2024
That's a great tip!

I was actually able to do it without the Podcasts app:

-macOS System Settings - Apple ID - Media & Purchases - Account - Manage...
-then you see the same Mac app store section where you can click on Manage Hidden purchases and it will show up

So what you're saying is right, but you can skip the podcasts app and just do it directly through macOS.

What a crazy bug to have from a $2 trillion company, where you can't manage to hide or unhide any of your Movies, Music, Apps, Books...
This feature has always been bad, as long as I remember it. From disappearing option in iTunes at the time, to possible in windows but not macOS, to straight up not working at all for iOS purchases. Right now, even though I can unhide apps, when I click the button to unhide, the list does not refresh. I know it worked because if I close the panel and re open it the app is not there.

Right now on iOS when you click on the button to unhide an app, it shows you the app page. Which makes it a pain in the back when you have multiple apps to unhide. Moreover, I have an app that does not exist anymore in the store (French gov covid verif app), and I cannot unhide it, the UI crashes.

Oh boy what a mess. Honestly at this stage I guess Apple does not want us to use this function.

Autokon

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
CA
Issues persists in 14.4... ugh (Work around still works fine)

Last edited:

JUMA55

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
I have the exact same problem. But a big thanks to n3tronic for the workaround!

conmee

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2019
Reno, NV
I encountered this when I downloaded a Sonoma upgrade 14.3 maybe in January. Solution for me:

System Settings | AppleID | Media & Purchases | Account | Click Manage and it launches the App Store and Account Settings pops up. From here it works like it used to from within the App Store and you can manage hidden purchases.

I think this started happening for me after 14.2 but I'm not certain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.