Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
Is there a way I can associate a certain font with a certain input menu?

For example, I often have to type Greek and Hebrew in addition to English. When I switch to Greek, rather than using Arial, or whatever unicode font the System likes, I'd like to have it use a different font by default. The same goes for Hebrew.

Is this possible?

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
what application do you want to do it in?

Word or email application? I don't think there is a setting you can change however, that is scriptable via applescript or microsoft by basic etc.

stevietheb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 15, 2004
Houston
superbovine said:
what application do you want to do it in?

Word or email application? I don't think there is a setting you can change however, that is scriptable via applescript or microsoft by basic etc.
I would want to be able to do it in every app...but the most important, at the moment, would be OmniOutliner Pro.

DrRock

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2005
Similar question

Don't know if this applies here, but being new to mac, what is the mac equivalent of a PC's "character map" function?

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
stevietheb said:
I would want to be able to do it in every app...but the most important, at the moment, would be OmniOutliner Pro.

First, off I don't have any experience with your particular language. however, you can do this.

goto pref then international settings. after check the language and keyboard you want. i assume you already done this. at the bottom check the show on input menu bar.

you should see a little flag on top. ok now you can select whatever language on keyboard setting you have setup. for "most" application the font will switch if you create a new document. for example, in word if i select one the chinese language on my menu then create a new document the correct font will be selected. Most other application should work this way as well. if you are written multi language documents I am sure how that works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.