Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chogiepath

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
I need to either un-install leopard and re-install Tiger, or figure out how to get my ilife back. I don't know how. Changed everything but the serial number.
Have 2006 Macbook pro. Came with tiger 10.4.8 and the disks. Worked fine. Then bought a retail DVD of Leopard 10.5.6 installed it , of course I selected install and erase and then lost my ilife and my mind.

For three days and nights I have tried to fix this, and I am not a Mac whiz.

Tried reinstalling Tiger, pwr up, while pushing C ,d, and T .No go. Says drive won't accept it
Tried erasing the Hard drive with disk utility. Won't let me.
Tried re-partitioning. No go.
Changed everything on the disk utility there. no go
Finally I just re-booted with Leopard (works but still no ilife) and got on this Forum.
Thanks

timsutcliffe

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
Your retail version of Leopard will not include iLife, it only comes with a new computer, and not as part of the operating system.

To get iLife back, I think you'll need to use the 2nd of the 2 CDs that you got when you bought your Mac. That's the one that will have iLife on it I believe.

Hope you were all backed up.

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2022
Restart, hold down Shift Option Command R, follow prompts, select Install OS X Tiger, click Continue, follow the prompts.

(This discussion is now 11 years old, this may not be reliable)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.