Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
I tried manually re-installing Trip1PogoStick with FTP but, the iPod still won't boot. I can manually launch installer.app through SSH but, I can't scroll down to install Trip1PogoStick through there. I did everything that the guide said about manually installing Trip1PogoStick and nothing will work.

The reason why I uninstalled Trip1PogoStick in the first place was because I heard that you didn't need both installed if you had SummerBoard. So I installed SummerBoard manually and then uninstalled Trip1PogoStick. How do I fix this mess?

EnTg888

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
USA
Hmm... I uninstalled trip1pogo and to get it to boot change the folder permissions of "springboard.app" in System/library/coreservices to "0755". I'm not sure how to do this in the command line, I'm using Filezilla.

btw, how do you manually launch applications? :confused:

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Hmm... I uninstalled trip1pogo and to get it to boot change the folder permissions of "springboard.app" in System/library/coreservices to "0755". I'm not sure how to do this in the command line, I'm using Filezilla.

btw, how do you manually launch applications? :confused:

1. I tried that, and it didn't work

2. Open Terminal.app on your Mac and type ssh -l root your.ipod.address
- Then, when you are connected via ssh, simply input this command:

/Applications/Installer.app/Installer

I was able to open installer but, it wouldn't do anything. I couldn't scroll or anything.

EnTg888

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
USA
I'm on windows :p

Hmmm, i dunno, it worked for me. I had to check a box that said "recurse into all files and directories" but I have no idea what that means in commandline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.