Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DistanceSwimmer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2009
My home button on my 3rd gen iPod touch is constantly triggering itself (quitting apps, turning on the lockscreen and draining battery, activating multitasking, setting off voice control when I have a headphone with a remote and mic plugged in, and anything else the home button can do) and it is extremely annoying. I was able to fix it (kinda) using IncarcerApp, which locks the device into any app after inputing a keystroke (in my case, pressing up then down on the volume keys) Tonight, I updated my jailbreak to 4.3.2, and I was annoyed to find out that IncarcerApp is not supported. I then found another workaround, but it's a bit buggy and annoying: I installed an app quitter sbsettings toggle (essentially a virtual home button) and used activator to remap the home button to disable/enable the data sbsettings toggle (I figured that would be a good toggle to choose since the iPod Touch doesn't utilize data) but every time the home button is supposedly pressed, the screen dims and a notification comes up saying "Data Enabled" or "Data Disabled". Does anyone know a way to fix this, or possibly make an activator gesture that is effectively useless (effectively disabling the home button?). Any other help or suggestions on fixing my issue are more than welcome and greatly appreciated. Thanks!

level1kid

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2011
well i can think of one thing to do but its pretty improvised... set the home button to "take screenshot" and use a tweak to take out the flash. too bad there isn't a "do nothing" option for the home button as that would make it much easier...

Imo, you should get your home button fixed.

DistanceSwimmer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2009
Thanks for the reply. Hmm... That could work. Does anyone know if there's a tweak to set a limit on the amount of photos that can be stored? Or a "delete all photos" tweak?

Wtoj34

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

You can make tapping the home button do nothing. For example mine is set on pause a song or play. Just go in activator (you probably have it if not free from cydia) click on at home screen and tap home once. When you do this it will say what you have set at the top. Mine says music play/pause. There is a tiny x next to it. Tap it and it will unassign the home button. This restores it to it's normal use (exit an app). I did this on 4.3.1 and if for some reason this doesn't work, there is a somewhat useless. Go on activator. Scroll down a bit and it should say something like more actions. Click on that and it will show additional uses via cydia. One of them is Rotation Inhibitor. It is free and it disables landscape mode. I find this usually useless so this or the other option will hopefully help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.