Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeppejack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
So every 30 min or so, when i have been watching GOT on HBO for the past month. I seem to get a white mark stretching across the scree, different everytime. I have a linked a video of me recording it for reference. Anyone has any idea, what it could be, i opened the pc and took everything out and cleaned it, i also checked for corrosion, so i saw nothing really bad in particular. The mac is a a1425 at least some 5-6+ years old i think. The problem didn´t solve itself after the self clean, so i am gonna need some advice here. Anything is much appreciated.

The video is showing the artifact in question

Any little details would be amazing <3

Attachments

• IMG_1481.JPG
    IMG_1481.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 157

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
It would be great if you could film it in landscape. Best guess is video card.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
All four A1425 models seem to have "an integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics processor that shares memory with the system" (everyman.com).

"Every 30 minutes" doesn't seem like a hardware issue.

Have you tried using an alternate browser to see if you can pinpoint a software issue?

Jeppejack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
All four A1425 models seem to have "an integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics processor that shares memory with the system" (everyman.com).

"Every 30 minutes" doesn't seem like a hardware issue.

Have you tried using an alternate browser to see if you can pinpoint a software issue?

i can try out a new browser but it doesnt seem to be that. I chose chrome cause of flash player for HBO. Also my Mac doesnt overheat, or atleast its not more than 35-45 when i touch it
[doublepost=1545866166][/doublepost]
i can try out a new browser but it doesnt seem to be that. I chose chrome cause of flash player for HBO. Also my Mac doesnt overheat, or atleast its not more than 35-45 when i touch it
Is there anyway to record Mac activity while watching to see if anything changes around the time the artifact would happen ?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
[doublepost=1545866166][/doublepost]
Is there anyway to record Mac activity while watching to see if anything changes around the time the artifact would happen ?
I blame the Whitewalkers! As above try a different browser. Or try creating a different user account to see if that helps.
Lastly is anything else running? Might be worth shutting everything down then trying with just the show running.
To see what is happening you can use Activity monitor to see if something is taking your graphics card etc.

Jeppejack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
I blame the Whitewalkers! As above try a different browser. Or try creating a different user account to see if that helps.
Lastly is anything else running? Might be worth shutting everything down then trying with just the show running.
To see what is happening you can use Activity monitor to see if something is taking your graphics card etc.

Nothing else should be running only the show

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area

They are really using Flash? Adobe abandoned Flash and is not longer making any changes. It will no longer be distributed in 2020. I suggest you look for non-Flash alternatives.

Jeppejack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2018
I tried other browsers now and it seems the issues have resolved with the white artifact, but all other browsers, safari, firefox seem to have issues now with the video image freezing, while the audio keeps going and it suddenly cuts to where the audio is 5-10 sec later.

This also seems to happen way more often than the white artifacts did. Like each 5-10min

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.