Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joelm1988

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Leeds, UK
Starting uni in october and will be getting a MB for my course, but I want to get it now. Is there a chance that an updated MB will come out later this year? As i don't want to get an MB and an update come out quickly.

joelm1988

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Leeds, UK
well i'm going to get a full 4GB so it'll still be a top MB but i just dont want to suddenly be out of date! it seems so far theres been less than a year between new releases, but maybe they will put off a new MB with Air just coming out

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
7 months is a long time, wait until you go to University you'll likely get a larger discount and you really don't need your own machine in the first couple of weeks and you may even get a free iPod if they do that again this year.

Italchef

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Maple, Ontario
well i'm going to get a full 4GB so it'll still be a top MB but i just dont want to suddenly be out of date! it seems so far theres been less than a year between new releases, but maybe they will put off a new MB with Air just coming out

Just make sure that you do the RAM upgrade and do not order it from Apple. You'll save a packet and its really easy to do.

Mick

joelm1988

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Leeds, UK
Just make sure that you do the RAM upgrade and do not order it from Apple. You'll save a packet and its really easy to do.

Mick

Do you mean dont order the RAM from apple or the whole MB? If you mean the RAM, then yeah, i've already worked out i can do it myself for a quarter of the price!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.